Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Portraits = Fail.

Today I was embarrassed by Asher's behavior in public for the first time.

I had a coupon for a $10 photo package from the portrait studio in Babies"R"Us. Usually, I'm not a huge fan of those types of pictures, but decided that wasn't a bad deal for a 5x7, 4 wallets, and a CD. I figured just try it and see if we could end up with a cute Christmas pic.

Asher was so sweet, as he is most of the time, all morning long. He was in a wonderful mood all the way up to the point we sat him down in front of the background at the picture place. Then he lost it, and the next 30+ minutes were spent trying to either keep him in one spot in front of the camera or scrape him off the floor, sobbing. But that wasn't the embarrassing part.

That came when the two ladies working there were sitting on the floor behind the camera, making faces and noises at him and talking to him in an attempt to make him smile. Asher seemed to be more frustrated than amused by them, so I sat down with him in front of the background, trying to talk him into sitting there like a big boy while we took his picture. Then he just stood up, walked over to one of the ladies who was trying to talk to him (who I'm pretty sure was the manager), and smacked her in the face. He immediately knew he was wrong, so before we could even move towards him to grab him, he ran back to us and threw himself down in front of us in a position exactly like this, butt to the camera, crying.


Of course, I spent the rest of the time apologizing and anxious to be done with the experience. Very surprisingly, we did end up with a pictures that weren't too bad, but I think that may have been our first and last time in a picture studio.

[Click HERE to see the pics we ended up with.]

1 comment:

  1. I hate to say it, but that entire story made me laugh. Gotta love him! =) =)

    ReplyDelete