Thursday, March 3, 2011

Don't worry.

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." Phil 4:6 (NLT)


I needed to read this verse this morning.


As I said in my last post, we've had two houses we've looked at buying fall through. The second cost us around $600 for inspections and everything. We are still sure that God is telling us now is not the time to purchase a house. But over the last week, we've had a strong feeling like we need to be looking for another home, even if it's not one that we own ourselves. I've been looking at other apartments/condos for rent, and the problem I keep running into is this: It seems that the ones we can afford won't fit our stuff, and the ones that will fit our stuff are more than we can afford. It's been frustrating.


To top it off, yesterday I discovered black mold growing out of the air vent in Asher's room. We removed the vent cover, which was absolutely covered in mold, especially on the back side of the vent. When we looked inside the ducts with a flashlight we could see the mold all on the inside of the air ducts... Definitely not healthy, and yes, I did freak out a little. We called the landlord and we're working to get it taken care of asap, but for the meantime the heat/air is shut off, and Asher is sleeping in his play pen in our room. It may be in all of the vents, but it's definitely worse in his, so hopefully he'll be "safer" in our bedroom.


As you can imagine, this also added to the frustration of not finding a new place to live. I've actually really enjoyed living here for the last (almost) three years, and we don't live in a dump by any means, but it is an older building and has it's issues here and there. Mold, however, is not one that I'm willing to just live with. 


Needless to say, my search for a new home was in full swing yesterday, and I will admit I was getting pretty ratcheted up over things. I couldn't find a suitable apartment or condo, and I didn't want to deal with renting a house because of not knowing what kind of landlords we may get, what condition house we could find within our budget, etc. But after not finding an apartment that would work, I started looking. 


Apparently Matt was looking too, because he texted me and told me to look at a house for rent that had caught my eye earlier in the day. I took it as a good sign that we were both interested in the same house on our own, so I called the management company and said we wanted to take a look. The lady called me back around 5:30 yesterday, and we're supposed to go look at it tomorrow afternoon. At this point, it's worth at least looking into.


I'm trying not to worry about this apartment. God knows that we don't have any closets or storage space here, that there's mold in our air vents, etc etc etc. And I'm trying not to worry about whether we'll "get" that house we're going to look at tomorrow. I'm hopeful that this may be the place God has for us to move to, but I'll be honest, I'm also trying not to get my hopes up too much after being let down in that area so many times lately. 


Don't worry about anything. Pray about everything.


I shouldn't worry -  I can sit and list one amazing thing after another that God's done for us, especially over the last year, but yesterday I still gave in to anxiety, and I was a nervous wreck. I don't want to continue that way. He knows what we need before we even knew we needed it, and I can't sit here and ignore everything He's given us already. 


Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.


So, (raising my glass of orange juice) here's to a productive Thursday - full of thanks and worry-free.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you and your family girl. Matt and I were in a bad situation like that as well when I was pregnant with Alex. I am sure God will lead you to the place He wants you to be soon, He takes care of those who trust in Him.
    ~Bekah~

    ReplyDelete