The last two weeks have been nuts!
MLK weekend (which, by the way, marked one year from when we got Bela and found out about our little bun in the oven) we went down to Hilton Head to stay with Grandma for a few days. It went quick, as trips down there usually do. We got to go to church Sunday and see a lot of friends. We also got to meet up with my friend Melissa and her little guy, Caleb, who is about 5 weeks older than Asher. They smiled at each other a lot and seemed to hit it off well. So cute! :]
The next day after getting home we went to see a foreclosed house we found online, and after a lot of prayer and research, put an offer on it this past Monday evening. It needs a LOT of work/updating, so if they accept our offer we've been looking trying to find good renovation loans. Apparently someone else bid on the house right around when we did, so now we're just waiting to hear back from the bank which of us they're selling it to.
Aside from all that excitement, I've been training to work from home as a typist for a local court reporting company. It's a LOT to learn - more than I actually expected - but I'm having fun. I've got a thick book of grammar rules, a style guide which includes exceptions to those grammar rules, glossary of legal terms, etc., and new software to get used to, but it's going well. (I think! haha) This Saturday I have to attend "Typist Boot Camp" all day at their office, and after that I should be ready to start accepting some easy jobs. It's not the highest paying profession, and it's only part-time, but it will be good to be bringing in a little extra money without having to leave Asher at all. I will do whatever it takes to be able to stay home with my little man!
So please pray for the house - that if it's where God wants us it will work out, and that if it's not, it won't. And please pray that I won't get overwhelmed with all this typing stuff and that I'll catch on and at least be able to make a little money with this job!
:)
That's awesome about the job! So happy for you'll be able to work for home! God's blessings are amazing. =)
ReplyDeleteOh and the song you have on here is one of my favs! =D
Love you and your beautiful family! *HUGS*
-Jamie